Re: [Devel] VER-2-1-2-RC1 tag created

From: George Williams
Subject: Re: [Devel] VER-2-1-2-RC1 tag created
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 14:33:33 -0700

At 09:58 AM 6/21/2002 +0200, you wrote:
    It may be possible to tune the Postscript hinter to deal with them in
    more pleasant ways, since after all the choice of freely re-distributable
fonts is rather small. However, the initial goal for the Postscript hinter
    was to perform well on well-hinted fonts, not buggy ones...
Auto-hinting with PfaEdit should get rid of any erroneous hints, and is a fairly easy thing to do. Can we convince the ghostscript people to distribute slightly modified fonts?

To me that seems a better solution than putting a kludge into freetype...