Re: [Devel] Freetype 2.1.2 & rotated text

From: Jan Slupski
Subject: Re: [Devel] Freetype 2.1.2 & rotated text
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 10:34:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > After I have switched to 2.1.2 (from 2.1.0) all rendered texts
> > that was rotated of 45 degrees, are rotated now of -45 degrees
> > (or 315 degrees).
> >
> > Is it a bug or a planned future?
>
> FT_Vector_Transform() was buggy.  We intermixed the xy and yx values
> in the transformation matrix.  The rotation as done now is the correct
> one.
>
> I've just fixed ftstring.c in the ft2demos package.

Thanks for explanation.

One thing.
In my opinion you should CLEARLY and with BIG LETTERS describe
it in ChangeLog and other documentation.

Because this breaks compatibility with old programs.

And not everybody reads all documentation/demo programs
whe upgrading library.

Jan

 |_| | | | \|                 http://www.pm.waw.pl/~jslupski