[Devel] FreeType2PDF

From: Lance Dyas
Subject: [Devel] FreeType2PDF
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 07:45:55 -0500

At MicroImages we are using FreeType1.x and we are in the process of
enhancing our pdf export to include text/fonts (we are somewhat behind but
are rather dependent on features in Freetype1 including Glyph Positioning
Tables).

There seem to be a number of required fields for Font Descriptor in the pdf
specification that are either buried or obsfucated within FreeType.

A couple of examples...

StemV: The thickness, measured horizontally, of the dominant vertical stems
of glyphs in the font.
ItalicAngle: The angle expressed in degrees counterclockwise from the
vertical... etc.

Is there any help available in this area?
Lance Dyas