Re: [Devel] FreeType2PDF?

From: Leonard Rosenthol
Subject: Re: [Devel] FreeType2PDF?
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 10:26:56 -0400

At 7:44 AM -0500 7/3/02, Lance Dyas wrote:
At MicroImages we are using FreeType1.x and we are in the process of
enhancing our pdf export to include text/fonts (we are somewhat behind but
are rather dependent on features in Freetype1 including Glyph Positioning
Tables).

There is nothing that I am aware of that is available in FT1 that you can't get to from FT2...

There seem to be a number of required fields for Font Descriptor in the pdf
specification that are either buried or obsfucated within FreeType.

        True...

StemV: The thickness, measured horizontally, of the dominant vertical stems
of glyphs in the font.

My code just forces this to 80 for some reason...Need to look at why this was done...

ItalicAngle: The angle expressed in degrees counterclockwise from the
vertical... etc.

        I get this value from TT_Face->postscript.italicAngle

LDR
Leonard Rosenthol                            <mailto:address@hidden>
                                             <http://www.lazerware.com>