[Devel] How can extract the outline from FT_GlyphSlotRec?

From: net pl
Subject: [Devel] How can extract the outline from FT_GlyphSlotRec?
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 07:22:19 +0000

Hi,

On Thu, 2002-07-11 at 00:58, net pl wrote:
Hi,
I saw that to extract a glyph image from the FT_GlyphSlotRec, I can >>use the FT_Get_Glyph(..). And for the glyph outline, is there a similar >>function?

Assuming you are using FreeType2, you can access the outline directly through the FT_GlyphSlotRec structure as FT_GlyphSlotRec.outline

As I render an glyph outline in several bands. Before each rendering, I have to shift all points of the outline. If I use the outline through FT_GlyphSlotRec.outline, all my transformation and translation will be applied into the original glyph outline of the face. It's why I'd like to copy it in a target outline. I saw that FT_Outline_Copy function can copy an outline into another one. But both objects must have the same sizes (number of points & number of contours).

Best regards.
netpl.