Re: [Devel] Bug in handling of StdHW / StdVW

From: Vadim Plessky
Subject: Re: [Devel] Bug in handling of StdHW / StdVW
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 19:08:01 +0400

On Tuesday 09 July 2002 7:52 pm, Owen Taylor wrote:
|  Investigating some stem uneveness problems, I discovered
|  that the pshinter wasn't getting the right values for
|  StdHW and StdVW at all, but rather a random value.
|  (Was accessing the second element in a single element
|  array.)
|
|  Not suprisingly, fixing this can make a big difference
|  for some fonts:
|
|   http://people.redhat.com/otaylor/fonts/utopia-hintbug.png
|   http://people.redhat.com/otaylor/fonts/utopia-nohintbug.png
|
|  Regards,
|                                          Owen

Hello Owen!

I would say that I am more than impressed!  ;-)
I was thinking that my hinting for several fonts was *bad* (I had results
similar to utopia-hinbug screenshot). You found another explanation/reason.
Will your patch be part of next FreeType release?
And when this release is planned?

I'd like to upgrade ASAP and check what enhancement your patch provides to PS
T1 fonts.

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)