[Devel] (no subject)

From: Angela Hunziker
Subject: [Devel] (no subject)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 08:58:00 +0200

Hello

I'm trying to code the Rendering of TrueType fonts in java.
The point coordinates of some glyphs I read out from the font file are
pretty weird. When I try to connect these points to get the outline of a
glyph, it doesn't look very nice. Could it be that the point coordinates in
the font file produce a weird glyph? Does the hinting of glyphs maybe
correct these errors of the outline?
I already coded the loading of all the tables and the producing of the
bitmap but I left out the instructing of the glyphs. That's why I'm not sure
if I'm reading out the point coordinates correctly or if the glyphs look
weird because they haven't been instructed yet.

greetings,
Angela Hunziker