Re: [Devel] Some news

From: Vadim Plessky
Subject: Re: [Devel] Some news
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 17:27:30 +0400

Hi David!

On Tuesday 30 July 2002 11:18 pm, David Turner wrote:
|  Hello everyone,
|
|     I don't have much time tonight nor tomorrow to answer e-mails on the
|     mailing lists. I'd like to make a few comments on recent events though:
[...]
|     II. New release:
|
|        I'd like to make a 2.1.3 release pretty quickly, since the current
| code contains noticeable improvements to both the Postscript and auto
| hinters :-)

Have solution for rendering of middle part of Latin 'S' 's' glyphs been found?
It's very visible on *light* typefaces.
Besides, thin stems /part of glyphs of so-called "high-contrast typefaces"
(like Bodoni, Bodoni Poster) are disappearing, creating geometrical
distortion. Is it possible to fix in some way?

Screenshots are available upon request.

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)