Re: [Devel] comment formatting - unneeded slashs andasterisksconsidered

From: Sven Neumann
Subject: Re: [Devel] comment formatting - unneeded slashs andasterisksconsidered harmful
Date: 04 Aug 2002 15:07:28 +0200

Hi,

"Graham Asher" <address@hidden> writes:

> No, I really can't live with that. Why, oh why, do we have to have
> these horrible asterisks?

the asteriks allow the source reader to realize that the rest of the
line is a comment even if he/she is not reading the code in an editor
that does syntax highlighting. If the comment would only be marked as
one at the beginning and at the end the reader would have difficulties
to figure out that there's a comment if he/she doesn't see the comment
in a whole. I agree with Werner that longer comments should be marked
as he suggests.

Salut, Sven