Re: [Devel] failure to complie release 2.1.2

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] failure to complie release 2.1.2
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 00:34:53 +0200 (CEST)

> > > I didn't write those codes. They came with the ft2 demos and can be
> > > compiled successfully with the gcc compiler.
> >
> > GCC defaults to 32-bit int's while Borland defaults to 16-bit int's.
>
> So is it the case that FT2 is only compatible with 32-bit compilers?

Not necessarily.  We don't have 16bit compilers for testing, but in
principle it should work; please report failures so that we can fix
it.  For the above problem, you have to redefine FT_ENC_TAG,
FT_IMAGE_TAG, and FT_MAKE_TAG to something which your platform
understands (i.e., creating 16bit tags instead of 32bit entities).
Those macros are already embedded into `#ifndef ...  #endif'
constructs, so you should put your new definitions into a DOS-specific
ftconfig.h (see the Amiga port for an example of a ftconfig.h file and
the proper directory structure).

The most important thing is that your compiler supports longjmp --
unfortunately, our Atari guy who usually tested FT2 on this 16bit
platform doesn't have it, so it is easily possible that some 16bit
problems are now in the source code.