[Devel] Compiler warning

From: Steve Dias
Subject: [Devel] Compiler warning
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 13:18:38 -0400

Hi,

I get the following compiler warning with the Algorithmics MIPS GNU
compiler, with '-Wall' and '-O3':

*       util/freetype2/src/sfnt/ttcmap0.c: In function
        `tt_face_build_cmaps':
*       In file included from ./util/freetype2/src/sfnt/sfnt.c:24:
*       util/freetype2/src/sfnt/ttcmap0.c:1702: warning: variable `p'
        might be clobbered by `longjmp' or `vfork'
*       util/freetype2/src/sfnt/ttcmap0.c:1735: warning: variable
        `pclazz' might be clobbered by `longjmp' or `vfork'

A google search showed that this may be a common warning from gcc given
the combination above, and I even found a reference to a similar warning
in earlier FreeType code, but in my relatively brief search, I couldn't
find a reasonable solution.

Given how warning-free the code is (Level 4 in DevStudio project!), I
figure maybe it's my tools or other configuration, or there's a
straightforward way to suppress this warning that's come up before.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, and apologies if this isn't the right place to direct
this message.

-Steve