[Devel] compiling FreeType library for 64 bit code

From: Keith Trummel
Subject: [Devel] compiling FreeType library for 64 bit code
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 15:29:18 -0700

Hello,

    I was wondering if anyone had compiled the FreeType library (2.1.2) for
use with a 64 bit executable.  When I attempted to compile the code on
Solaris I get problems because there are several places where it attempts to
convert pointers to 32 bit ints.
Specifically when compiling the code in the cache subdirectory I get:

"src/cache/ftcimage.c", line 243: Error: Cannot cast from void* to unsigned.
"src/cache/ftcsbits.c", line 392: Error: Cannot cast from void* to unsigned.
"src/cache/ftccmap.c", line 220: Error: Cannot cast from void* to unsigned.

Keith Trummel
Scene7 Inc.