[Devel] FreeType 2.1.4rc1 tagged

From: David Turner
Subject: [Devel] FreeType 2.1.4rc1 tagged
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 11:27:59 +0100

Hello,

  I have made a few improvements to the library yesterday, including:

    - implementing David Chester's latest "blue scale" patch using
      something more simple and convenient

    - improving the Postscript hinter to not quantize stem widths, the
      result is very similar to RH 8.0 and the FT_RENDER_MODE_LIGHT

    - all compilation warnings were removed for GCC 3.2, Visual C++
      6.0, Borland C++  and Win32-LCC in their most pedantic modes

    - the Visual C++ Project file in "builds/win32/visualc" has been
      updated for 2.1.4

    - the file "docs/VERSION.DLL" contains a description of FT2 version
      numbers, comparing release, libtool and .so numbers, as well as
      providing a small Autoconf fragment to detect FreeType versions
      on Unix-like systems.

  I have also tagged the first release candidate for 2.1.4 with
  VER-2-1-4-RC1. I'll try to upload it to SourceForge now, since it
  seems that the FTP server is down for some unknown reason..

  By the way, several people wrote me to tell me they couldn't
  subscribe to the devel list. I had not the time to inspect this
  problem, and I don't know where it comes from..

  Please, please test this RC. By the way, the libtool number has been
  incremented to "9:3:3", let me know if this is incorrect (previous
  one was "9:1:3")

Best regards,

- David Turner