Re: [Devel] linker error

From: Antoine Leca
Subject: Re: [Devel] linker error
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 21:01:01 +0100

Halo Werner,

Werner LEMBERG wrote on 2003-02-07:
I'm running into the following linker error when trying to compile a
simple app using freetype-2.1.3 on win32 (VC6).

freetype211.lib(pcf.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_FT_Stream_OpenGzip

The dsp and dsw files for Visual C are not up to date, missing the
gzip module.

Is there a good guy who could provide fixed dsp and dsw files?

Hmmm.... The good guy has already worked, it seems! (and no, that's not me)
The last CVS update gave me a release dated Feb 3rd, which does include
ftzip.c, and appear to reference freetype214.lib.

So just use the current version, you would be fine (of course, this
does not apply to Werner, which as we all know, is unable to run VC++ ;-))

Antoine