Re: [Devel] Fw: Freetype2 Bug: does not work on some .gz files

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] Fw: Freetype2 Bug: does not work on some .gz files
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:47:20 +0100

Hi Werner,

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
David,

here's a serious bug report regarding the gzip extension.

As a follow-up, I strongly suggest to attack FreeType 2's file loading
routines with data from rand() (together with srand() to make it
reproducible), making FT2 as stable as possible.

Is there someone volunteering to write a small test program to do
that?

I have fixed the bug. FT2 was looping when trying to read past the
end of files due to an invalid input buffer refill loop.

however, I have not the time to write the small test you're talking
about..

Regards,

- David Turner