[Devel] autohinter suggestions

From: David Chester
Subject: [Devel] autohinter suggestions
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 21:38:01 -0500

Hello.

This patch (ft-symmetric-m.diff) attempts to address the problem of the
lop-sided lowercase m's.  I tested it on a bunch of faces, and it seems to
work pretty well.

You can see an example at:
http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~dchest/xfthack/symmetric-m.html

In addition, I have noticed that the bluescale implementation is not working
in CVS, as I mentioned before on this list.  It would only take the tweaking
of three lines of code to make it work properly (currently x_scale and y_scale
are not passed-by-reference, and so the changes to those values are
inconsequential).  Also, I am curious if you have had a chance to look at the
bluscale implementation for the ps hinter.

Thanks very much.

David Chester