[Devel] /unix-def.mk: No such file or directory

From: Ian Britten
Subject: [Devel] /unix-def.mk: No such file or directory
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 12:33:47 -0400

Hi all,
I'm having problems getting freetype to build, and am looking for suggestions.
I'm pretty sure that it's something on my system, rather than a problem with
freetype per-se (Otherwise more people would be reporting this problem...)

I've tried both the official v2.1.3 as well as the v2.1.4rc2, and both have
the same behaviour.

I simply try to build using these steps
  % tar jxf freetype-2.1.4rc2.tar.bz2
  % cd freetype-2.1.4rc2
  % ./configure
  % gmake
config.mk:21: /unix-def.mk: No such file or directory
config.mk:22: /unix-cc.mk: No such file or directory
builds/freetype.mk:206: no file name for `include'
gmake: *** No rule to make target `/unix-cc.mk'.  Stop.

Now, the strange thing is that the files (unix-def.mk, unix-cc.mk) _were_
created, and are in the root directory of the build.  However, the 'if' in
config.mk doesn't seem to have $OBJ_DIR set correctly (Or maybe the files
were created in the wrong place?)

  [ From config.mk ]
  have_mk := $(strip $(wildcard $(TOP_DIR)/builds/unix/unix-def.mk))
  ifneq ($(have_mk),)
    include $(TOP_DIR)/builds/unix/unix-def.mk
    include $(TOP_DIR)/builds/unix/unix-cc.mk
  else
    # we are building FT2 not in the src tree
    include $(OBJ_DIR)/unix-def.mk
    include $(OBJ_DIR)/unix-cc.mk
  endif

Here's the locations of some of the relevant files (Note that unix-def.mk
doesn't seem to match what config.mk expects - I don't have a
builds/unix/unix-def.mk...)
[ From freetype-2.1.4rc2]
  % find . -name unix-def.mk
  ./unix-def.mk
  % find . -name unix-cc.mk
  ./unix-cc.mk
  % find . -name config.mk
  ./config.mk

I'm running on a highly modified/upgraded Mandrake 8.1 box, with the
following relevant packages:
  make-3.79.1-5mdk
  autoconf-2.13-14mdk
  autoconf2.5-2.57-3mdk
  automake-1.4-20.p5.mdk
  gcc-3.2.1-2mdk

Any suggestions?  Any other info I can offer?
Thanks for any help!
Ian