RE: [Devel] outlines

From: John Schuch - ID
Subject: RE: [Devel] outlines
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 12:58:06 -0700

John Schuch said:

<<<<<<
Are these the only values that are meaningful? What I mean is, are some
points
tagged in such a way as to say, 'don't draw a line or curve to me.' For
example, drawing
an 'O' requires drawing to ovals. How does the outline info differentiate
between
the inner and outer oval? Does it?

The inner and outer curves of an 'O' are different contours, so they are not
joined together. The outline structure differentiates between contours by
storing the number of contours and the indexes of their endpoints (see the
comment to FT_Outline).

Graham Asher

Thanks for the info. With above info in mind, do you know where to get
good info about scaling and rasterizing characters from outlines?

John Schuch
Software Intern
Universal Avionics Systems Co-Instrument Division