[Devel] FT_Set_Hint_Flags problem

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Devel] FT_Set_Hint_Flags problem
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 20:49:27 +0200 (CEST)

David,

in Sept 2002 you've removed FT_Set_Hint_Flags from freetype.h.  I just
found out that the function is still in ftobjs.c.  Shall it be removed?

Directly connected to this is the variable `hint_flags' in various
structures (do a grep on the FreeType source and include files to see
all affected spots).  It is set by FT_Set_Hint_Flags only, then passed
around unmodified -- if this function is no longer useful, the
`hint_flags' variables should be removed also.

Another related problem is in cffgload.c, function
`cff_decoder_parse_charstrings'.  The call to `hinter->apply' (around
line 1773) uses `build->hint_flags' which has consequently no meaning.
Looking into the ChangeLog file I find this:

  2002-08-29  David Turner  <address@hidden>

          * include/freetype/internal/pshints (T1_Hints_ApplyFunc,
          T2_Hints_ApplyFunc): Pass `hint_mode', not `hint_flags'.

Maybe something similar should be done in cffgload.c also.

Can you fix this, please?