[Devel] Repost: smooth renderer in monochrome mode ?

From: Yaroslav Rastrigin
Subject: [Devel] Repost: smooth renderer in monochrome mode ?
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 21:56:13 +0400

Hello everybody.

Well, I've asked this question few days ago and didn't received an answer.
Maybe, nobody really knows, or, probably, my question is somewhat stupid and
lame, but...
Is there any way to use 'smooth' renderer in mono mode, without 256-level
grayscaling ? I've tried to understand how this thing works, but I'm lost in
myriad of details. More specific questions are:
1. Why PIXEL_SIZE can't be less than 6 (bits) ? (at least, comment says so)
Is it  related to outlines' coords being 1/64 of a pixel ?
I've tried to reduce it's size to 0 - still, coverage ranges from 0 to 2 .
(Either I still don't understand used algorithm, or there's rounding errors
somewhere in the code). What could I do/should modify to achieve 0/1 coverage
for every cell in this case, and, respectively, mono output equal to raster1
results?
2. How closely algorithm(s) used are related to those used in LibArt ?
(Implementation is somewhat different, but ideas ?) (I'm supposing you're
using 'uta' - related things)

--
With all the best, yarick at relex dot ru