[Devel] drop-out control

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Devel] drop-out control
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 08:53:11 +0200 (CEST)

David,

some problems with drop-out control:

1. The argument of the SCANTYPE instruction (in ttinterp.c) is parsed
   but never used.

2. ftraster.c apparently supports TrueType drop-out control modes 1,
   2, 4, and 5, but it doesn't support mode 0.  This looks very
   strange.  Maybe this problem has never shown up because the mode is
   always set to 2.

   Are ftraster's drop-out control modes the ones described in the
   TrueType specification?

3. As Top Bishop noted already a year ago, FT_OUTLINE_IGNORE_DROPOUTS
   (in ftimage.h) is not implemented.

I would like to fix this but I need some information why mode 0 is
missing.  In case this is an oversight can you implement it?  I will
then add support for items 1 and 3.