[Devel] Equivalent of ftstrtto.c and apirefx.txt for FreeType2 please.

From: Vinod Kumar
Subject: [Devel] Equivalent of ftstrtto.c and apirefx.txt for FreeType2 please.
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 15:50:11 +0530 (IST)

Hi,

My colleagues Yogesh Ketkar and Keyur Shroff had used the OpenType
capabilities of FreeType 1.4 to create IndiX. I too had used
FreeType 1.4 for printing text and html files containing Devanagari text
using OpenType fonts. Now I am investigating switchover to FreeType2.
I have downloaded  freetype-2.1.4 and  ft2demos-2.1.4.
>From the developers CVS I have checked out ft2demos and ftlayout.
Even though I can find a directory freetype-2.1.4/src/otlayout/
and ftlayout/ (from CVS) I am unable to locate a sample program,
like the enlightening ftstrtto.c that came with FreeType 1.4.
The equivalent of apirefx.txt too is untraceable. I have scanned
through the developer mail list back to 2000-February.

It appears that OpenType layout (v1.3) is fully supported
by FreeType2. Please help with the equivalents of ftstrtto.c
and apirefx.txt  for FreeType2.

Thanking you in advance,

Vinod Kumar
The IndiX project