[Devel] Very bad spacing/kerning on OS X

From: Dan Williams
Subject: [Devel] Very bad spacing/kerning on OS X
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:23:43 -0500

Hi,

I'm not getting good results at all with a CVS checkout of today with OpenOffice.org. My previous library built from a checkout around June 3rd is still good. All fonts used are converted from Mac OS .dfont files to TrueType fonts (.ttf) and used with FreeType. The kerning and spacing is very very off (even negative). Swapping out my freetype build from today and my build from early June corrects the problem. The font is an Apple font (Lucida Grande), so I could not post it publicly, but I could send it to someone to test.

http://www.bigw.org/~dan/before.jpg
http://www.bigw.org/~dan/after.jpg

Dan