Re: [Devel] Demo about winodws fnt file

From: George Williams
Subject: Re: [Devel] Demo about winodws fnt file
Date: 11 Nov 2003 08:44:28 -0800

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 22:30, Jeffery Zhao wrote:
> But If I want to use windows FNT/FON files, I cann't finnish my
> willing.There are no reported error but no picture been showed on
> windows,why?
> I use freetyep 2.1.4 with commands:
> ftstring ppem coure.fon
I also did a couple of tests in 2.1.4 and found that ftstring did not
display anything with my test fon files, while ftview appears to be
reading the bitmap incorrectly, thinking each scan line of the glyph is
twice as long as it should be. So that instead of getting
 **
 **
 **
 **
 **
 **
 **
 **

 **
 **
I get
 **   **
 **   **
 **   **
 **   **

 **   **
 **   **
(I don't have anything more recent than 2.1.4 installed so this may be
fixed).