Re: [Devel] Truetype rendering got regressed on cvs head?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] Truetype rendering got regressed on cvs head?
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 23:20:33 +0100 (CET)

> slash.png[2] is produced by freetype that is from 6 days old cvs .

You mean Dec. 4th, right?

> slash2.png[3] is produced by latest freetype from cvs.

This is the CVS from Dec. 10th, right?

> As you can see easily.  In slash.png fonts are surely bigger and
> better.  In slash2.png fonts smaller and they look like getting
> hinted though I disabled hinting.

Strange.  There were no changes in that time interval which influence
glyph rendering.

What might have an impact is the change of 2003-11-22 which improves
the values of linearHoriAdvance.  IMHO the new results you get are
not worse, at least not on my LCD screen.