[Devel] even width bitmaps

From: Alexander R. Pruss
Subject: [Devel] even width bitmaps
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 11:34:45 -0500

I need to generate monochrome bitmaps that have even width for use on PalmOS
5 units.  My PalmFontConv (palmfontconv.sf.net) code uses FT2 to generate
bitmaps which it then pads with a blank column to yield even width if
necessary.  However, this screws up the spacing (there is no kerning on
PalmOS 5) and hence looks ugly (except at larger sizes).  Any suggestions on
how to do this better?  Should I use a horizontal stretching transformation?

--
Dr. Alexander R. Pruss
Department of Philosophy