Re: [Devel] vertical substitution

From: Steve Hartwell
Subject: Re: [Devel] vertical substitution
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:10:27 -0800

On Jan 13, 2004, at 10:36 AM, Antoine Leca wrote:
And in what are we (Freetype) involved?
I'm suggesting that "we" are involved to the extent that at least some of us are interested in whether freetype2 can be used with pango/icu/stsf and other projects which can do what David Vincent was asking about (meaning "in practice", not in theory :-)

This looks like an ICU issue to me.
Well I'm more interested in what it looks like to the freetype2 developers who have made some considerable effort to make freetype2 work with any of the available layout engines. From what I've been able to determine from the [Devel] archives and browsing the otlayout/ sources, the interest is far from zero. If there were roadblocks or other issues which have prevented them from continuing, perhaps I could help out.

I am sure that if it is not already done
That's what I was hoping to discover.

... Eric will *love* to have someone helping him supporting his code! ;-)
I don't understand what you mean by this. I don't support individuals working on open source projects, I contribute to the project itself if I am able.

Steve Hartwell