[Devel] rendering bug reintroduced in freetype 2.1.7

From: Torgeir Veimo
Subject: [Devel] rendering bug reintroduced in freetype 2.1.7
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 16:09:32 +0000

A rendering bug which was introduced in freetype 2.1.4rc2, but removed
before the final 2.1.4 release has reappeared in version 2.1.7. It only
affects type1 fonts.

Check example rendering with Bitstream Charter

http://nothome.com/freetype2.1.3.png
http://nothome.com/freetype2.1.4rc2.png
http://nothome.com/freetype2.1.7.png

All these are rendered with subpixel antialiasing.

I use the freetype library from fedora development.

Otherwise, comparing the 2.1.4rc2 and 2.1.7 rendering, I find the
2.1.4rc2 rendering of the character 'n' better than both 2.1.3 and
2.1.7.

--
Torgeir Veimo <address@hidden>