Re: [Devel] Bitmap font metric issues in FreeType

From: Keith Packard
Subject: Re: [Devel] Bitmap font metric issues in FreeType
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 08:47:59 -0800

Around 17 o'clock on Feb 8, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> I've applied both your patches to the CVS.

Cool.  I still need to fix the 'height' value for truetype strikes; that's
computed from the global metrics instead of the strike metrics as the
strike doesn't contain the line gap.

I'm gonna work on 'round tripping' BDF fonts to see if I can get them from
BDF to TTF and back to BDF without losing any information.  I'm pretty
sure I'll need a place to store extra BDF properties; can I make up a new
TrueType table to load with FT_Load_Sfnt_Table?  If so, what should I call
it?

-keith (looking forward to the end of PCF)