Re: [Devel] Re: multiple master fonts

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] Re: multiple master fonts
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:09:01 +0100 (CET)

> Ah. FreeType is happy if I reorder the entries, so I will do that in
> the future.
>
> I believe this is a freetype bug, but I don't think it's worth the
> effort of fixing.

I've fixed this now.  The problem was not the reordering of some MM
keywords (which was rather easy to correct) but the parse_shared_dict
routine which I've removed now.  From the ChangeLog:

  Make the PS parser more tolerant w.r.t. non-standard font data.  In
  general, an error is only reported in case of a syntax error; a
  wrong type is now simply ignored (if possible).  To be independent
  of the order of various MM-specific keywords, the parse_shared_dict
  routine has been removed -- the PS parser is now capable to skip
  this data.  It no longer fails on parsing e.g.

    dup /WeightVector exch def

  Since the token following /WeightVector isn't `[' (starting an
  array) it is simply ignored.

I urgently ask you to run all fonts on it you have, especially broken
ones.  Theoretically, correct fonts should work as before, and some
fonts formerly rejected by FreeType should now work as well.