Re: [Devel] freetype enhancement request

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: Re: [Devel] freetype enhancement request
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 14:32:58 -0500

Hrmmm...

Is rpath path1:path2:path3 workable on Tru64 UNIX?

Its been a while since I compiled any code on these machines,
as we have retired the alpha chipset UNIX boxes we had.

I believe that Solaris's ld *does* accumulate -R paths.  From the
ld(1) man page (ld being the stock, /usr/ccs/bin ld):

     -R path   A colon-separated  list  of  directories  used  to
               specify  library search directories to the runtime
               linker. If present and not NULL, it is recorded in
               the  output  object file and passed to the runtime
               linker. Multiple instances of this option are con-
               catenated  together  with each path separated by a
               colon.

But that is for Solaris, anyway...

Tom