[Devel] Re: [Freetype] mailing list

From: Werner LEMBERG
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 07:29:04 +0200 (CEST)

> Now I am getting more virus emails than real emails from this list.
> The solution for this is simple: disallow attachments sent to the
> list.  I know you filter attachments over a certain size, so most
> people already have to post web links in order to show anything.

This might be indeed a solution.  Under Unix-like platforms it is very
easy to embed and extract a uuencoded archive directly within an email
body.  The question is a) whether people like this and b) whether this
works sufficiently comfortable on non-Unix platforms also.  Another
suggestion is to disable all HTML emails which aren't in the
`alternative' format, this is, providing the same email as both plain
text and HTML.