RE: [Devel] regression with underline position for type 1 fonts

From: Ian Brown
Subject: RE: [Devel] regression with underline position for type 1 fonts
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 09:23:08 +0200

> Think this has been fixed already in 2.1.8.
>
>     Werner

The problem I have is that because some of our 3rd party libraries use
the cache code in freetype, I cannot upgrade to 2.1.8 until I can
persuade our 3rd parties to update their code (they fail to compile with
2.1.8 because of the changes to the cache system).
Would it be a valid fix for me to just remove the ">> 16" for the
underline_position and width calculation in version 2.1.5 ?

Thanks,

Ian