[Devel] Re: Hinting metrics

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Devel] Re: Hinting metrics
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 19:33:25 +0200 (CEST)

> Did anything good came out of this discussion?

Thanks for the reminder!  I've applied David's patch.  Additionally,
ftstring now supports key `f' to force autohinting, and key `k' cycles
through the `kerning modes' (no kerning, kerning values from `kern'
only, `kern' and sidebearing correction).  Please test!

> Is there a chance that freetype will reconsider and start providing
> the interface for the string rendering which will incorporate
> intelligent kerning of the adjacent glyphs?

Maybe, given that the OpenType and AAT layout stuff will be
integrated.