[Devel] inaccurate letter y-position

From: Stefan Koch
Subject: [Devel] inaccurate letter y-position
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:18:23 +0200

Hello,

since changing from freetype 2.1.8 to 2.1.9 I discovered an inaccuracy in the y-positioning of single letters when the patented or unpatended hinting is activated. The effect is obviously recognizable - so I suppose it could be a fault. Unfortunately I did not found any reports about this in the news archives nor in the web. According the libfreetype's documentation it seems that the usage has not been changed. So I'm looking forward to receive any information from this list that would help to solve the positioning problem.

I was able to reproduce the effect also with this example program:
-  http://www.freetype.org/freetype2/docs/tutorial/example1.c

These are two of the regarding fonts (all TrueType [*.ttf]):
- Arial Narrow Bold
- Futura Light Condensed

Environment:
ix86/debian-linux