Re: [Devel] [BUG?] Applications segfault when accessing pcf fonts.

From: Ronald Hummelink
Subject: Re: [Devel] [BUG?] Applications segfault when accessing pcf fonts.
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 23:18:05 +0200

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

I went on the trial and error way in the hope to find which specific commit between 2.1.7 and 2.1.9 that introduced this and came up with the follwing commit:
http://cvs.freetype.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/freetype2/src/pcf/pcfdrivr.c.diff?r1=1.7&r2=1.8

Please try the current CVS which has some new fixes w.r.t. PCF and
report problems you have.  In case the problem doesn't go away please
Cc Mozilla team also so that we can solve the problem together.

I had used the one post 2.1.9 patch to pcfdrivr.c which didn't resolve the issue.

At your request I have used the complete CVS HEAD tree now, which doesn't make a difference either.

I'm not sure the Mozilla source is to be blamed, since also gnome-font-viewer segfaults on pcf fonts. Nor do I know the appropriate address to ask the mozilla people for advise :/

Regards,
Ronald