Re: [Devel] [BUG?] Applications segfault when accessing pcf fonts.

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] [BUG?] Applications segfault when accessing pcf fonts.
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 03:11:07 +0200 (CEST)

> My rather inexperienced eye can only make this some obscure
> interaction or incompatibility between libXft.so.2 from Xorg first
> release and freetype.

> [Switching to Thread 1088303808 (LWP 14003)]
> 0x40ab1263 in strlen () from /lib/libc.so.6
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x40ab1263 in strlen () from /lib/libc.so.6
> #1  0x40037a00 in _XftReleaseFile (f=0x8139ad0) at xftfreetype.c:292
> #2  0x40038db7 in XftFontOpenPattern (dpy=0x805b980, pattern=0x0) at
> xftfreetype.c:1020
> #3  0x0804b169 in main (argc=2, argv=0xbffff3c4) at font-view.c:68

This bug isn't related to the FreeType library but to Xft.  Maybe
FreeType indirectly causes the bug by returning unexpected results.
The main author of Xft is Keith Packard who is reading this list.
Anyway, it's a good idea to file an Xorg bug report or to check for a
newer development version which probably has this problem fixed
already.