Re: [Devel] OpenType futures

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] OpenType futures
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:29:31 +0200 (CEST)

> I guess you image something like:
>
> struct LayoutEngine {
>        FT_Face * face;
>        GSUB * gsub_table;
>        GPOS * gpos_table;
> };

I'm not sure.  What about extending the SFNT service (or adding a new
OpenType service) which provides functions to retrieve the various
OpenType tables, together with routines to validate them?  Then the
LayoutEngine structure is part of the otlayout library.

> (Here, I don't talk about the structure of the tables or about who will
>  parse the table.)
>
> About gxlayout I'd like to follow your decision.  However, I hope
> FreeType provides higher facility; e.g.  I would like to use FT_Byte
> instead of OTL_Byte.

Yes.  Using the OTL prefix is overkill IMHO.