[Devel] Freetype hinting of inverted characters?

From: Ken Hancock
Subject: [Devel] Freetype hinting of inverted characters?
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 11:26:44 -0400

This may be more of a font design problem than specifically freetype, if so,
I appologize.

I have a typeface which has white letters on a black background with zero
spacing between characters.  The intent is to have a solid black background
with white text within it.

The problem, no matter what I seem to do, is I either get:

1) gray pixels between two characters as the right edge of the first
character falls between pixel boundaries or

2) gray pixels within the white character if I extend the character past its
width to try to avoid the problem in #1.

Is there any way to do what I want with individual characters?

Thanks,

Ken