Re: [Devel] patches for OpenVMS

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] patches for OpenVMS
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 12:16:29 +0200 (CEST)

> To compile freetype+demos on an OpenVMS machine one needs some changes
> Patches needed to compile today's CVS can be found on
>    http://nchrem.tnw.tudelft.nl/openvms/software2.html#Freetype
> Can someone merge these in the CVS tree?

Partially done, thanks.  Some comments:

  . I'm not happy about the changed freetype2/vms_make.com.  Your file
    is exactly the opposite of what I would like to see: Ideally,
    there should be a single VMS specific file (vms_make.com) which
    creates all necessary descrip.mms files.  Maybe I've done it wrong
    for the `lzw' directory.  Can you fix this?  This is, please make
    vms_make.com create src/lzw/descrip.mms and possibly vmslib.dat
    also.  Optimally, all descrip.mms files still in the FreeType 2
    source tree should be moved into vms_make.com -- do you have time
    to do that?

  . I've fixed ttgxvar.c differently.

  . What do you think of distributing vms_x_fix.h with ft2demos?
    Perhaps renamed to, say, `ftvms.h', and reduced in size to include
    only the symbols needed by the `graph' subsystem.  The proper
    directory would be `graph/vms/'.

  . I haven't done anything for FreeType 1 (shall I?)

Please test.