[Devel] new module `otvalid'

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Devel] new module `otvalid'
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 16:43:32 +0200 (CEST)

I've added a new module `otvalid'.  From the CHANGES file:

    - A new API `FT_OpenType_Validate' (in FT_OPENTYPE_VALIDATE_H) has
      been added to validate OpenType tables  (BASE, GDEF, GPOS, GSUB,
      JSTF).   After validation  it is  no longer  necessary to  check
      for errors in those tables.

Please test!  Some of the code is untested since I don't have the
corresponding fonts.  I have even added code to fix some errors: In
case an optional table's offset is too small, the offset is set to
zero.

Note that validating all five tables is quite fast.  I took a Japanese
OT font (HiraKakuStd-W8.otf); running FT_OpenType_Validate 100 times
takes about 0.67 seconds on my quite slow 866MHz Pentium III.