[Devel] egrep: error: no acceptable...

From: Gregory Hicks
Subject: [Devel] egrep: error: no acceptable...
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 01:40:42 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings:

Is there any fix for this on a Solaris 8 system?

$PATH points at /use/bin/egrep ( the only egrep on the system )

Any ideas?

Regards,
Gregory Hicks

Log output from configure is:

ghicks-vpn% ls
builds/        devel/         Jamfile        objs/          tests/
ChangeLog      docs/          Jamrules       README         vms_make.com
configure*     include/       Makefile       src/
ghicks-vpn% ./configure
cd builds/unix; ./configure
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking target system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for rm... rm -f
checking for rmdir... rmdir
checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for grep that handles long lines...
checking for egrep... configure: error: no acceptable egrep could be found in
$PATH
make: *** [builds/unix/unix-def.mk] Error 1
ghicks-vpn% pwd
/home/ghicks/incoming/freetype-2.1.9
ghicks-vpn% whereis egrep
egrep: /usr/bin/egrep