Re: [Devel] Re: italic font rendering clipped

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] Re: italic font rendering clipped
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 08:11:31 +0200 (CEST)

> I never got any responses to my original query - must be due to the
> mailman problem.

Indeed -- I have myself been `nomail'ed for a week or so.

> I was reading back archives for a solution to something similar and
> I noticed somewhere that this could be due to certain transform
> matrix.  If a certain value in the transform matrix is 1 then it
> could result in such clippings but if it is say 1.00001 then it
> would not - or something like that. Anybody remembers such a
> discussion?

I don't think that the transformation matrix is the problem.  Have you
checked whether you can see clipped glyphs while using the `ftstring'
demo program?  The most common reason of your problem is that the data
is drawn glyph by glyph (this is, draw a glyph, advance the pointer,
then draw the next glyph, etc.) into a buffer directly, without
`OR'ing the values.  Currently I'm offline while writing this so I
can't check your previous mails in the archive whether you've
mentioned this situation already.