RE: [Devel] Re: Helvetica 75 Bold does not work with TT_CONFIG_OPTION_BY

From: Boris Letocha
Subject: RE: [Devel] Re: Helvetica 75 Bold does not work with TT_CONFIG_OPTION_BYTECODE_INTERPRETER
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 12:34:13 +0200

> Don't count on David!  He has zero time (and currently not much
> interest either) to work on FreeType.

It is sad to hear...

> I would like to see new FreeType developers!  Basically it's just me
> who works on it :-(

I totally understand you. And it is visible from list that you are now
alone. But from my point of view FreeType as library is finished for all
my usages. So there has to be just bugfixing. (Better autohinter is
probably never ending story, but with enabled bytecode interpreter there
is no urgent need for this). And because we are in printing business
hinting in >300 DPI is IMO just waste of time. For example caching we do
also one level higher so we don't use FreeType for this.
Definitely if there will be some problem in future, I will try to help
and provide fix. Again thanks a lot for nice working library and your
support and wish you some new good developers for team.

Boris