RE: [ft-devel] Non MSVC DLL

From: Turner, David
Subject: RE: [ft-devel] Non MSVC DLL
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 15:07:45 +0200

> I am having trouble making a DLL using any compiler other
> than MSVC, and
> even with MSVC it was a bit of a hack, and I believe isn't
> functioning
> properly anyways..

I'd be interested in knowing what you did. I don't remember
having problems generating the DLL with it, though that was
a long time.

> Please let me know of the process of creating a DLL with an
> alternative
> compile, like MinGW or DMC.

Humm, put the following lines in "ftoption.h":

for GCC:
#define  FT_EXPORT(x)      x __attribute__((stdcall))
#define  FT_EXPORT_DEF(x)  x __attribute__((stdcall))

for DMC, Borland C++ or MSVC:
#define  FT_EXPORT(x)      __declc(dllimport) x
#define  FT_EXPORT_DEF(x)  __declc(dllexport) x

One trick thing is that you must also use the same calling
convention in your program than the one used to build the
DLL in order to be able to provide working callbacks to the
library (e.g. using the cache sub-system). If you only
use the procedural API, you should be set though.

That's because we didn't armor all callback type declarations
and definitions yet. Sorry for that, but you're the first to
report a problem here.

- David Turner