Re: [ft-devel] W.: Freetype2

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] W.: Freetype2
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 20:27:26 +0200 (CEST)

> The email adress address@hidden doesn't exist anymore!

Yes, we know :-(  Hopefully, this is fixed in the near future.

> 1.)The structure FT_Resource and the function
>    FT_New_Resource(engine, filename, &resource) doesn't exist too or
>    have I overlooked it?  There was nothing in the API doc.

No, we don't have FT_Resource in the API.  What do you want to do?

> 2.)I want to run Freetype2 under VxWorks (later perhaps QNX).
>    VXWorks uses the UGL Lib.  How can I integrate Freetype2 with
>    less effort in Vxworks?  Is there already a demo?

I have no idea.  Maybe someone on the lists can help you.

> 3.)Vx Works uses in the ROM coded fonts (see below), no binary font
>    files.  How can I read the datas from the fonts (C coded)
>    correctly in the face object?

These are very simple bitmap fonts.  You might write a new driver
module, or you convert the font data to the BDF or Winfnt format (in a
buffer) which can then be read by FreeType.