Re: [ft-devel] [patch] TrueType GX/AAT validator

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [patch] TrueType GX/AAT validator
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 15:17:56 +0900

Dear Mr. Steve Hartwell,

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 23:04:19 -0700
Steve Hartwell <address@hidden> wrote:

>on 8/22/2005 10:50 PM address@hidden wrote:
>>I cannot find Zapfino in my MacOS X
>>(I'm not sure if I did misconfigured installation), so we have
>>not tested the font. Please let me know where I can find Zapfino?
>
>For this font (which is included in MacOS X)

OK, I will re-install MacOS X.

>and perhaps other fonts which might be useful for your testing,
>I suggest you contact Peter Lofting <address@hidden>.
>Peter is very interested in tools for testing the quality and
>correctness of fonts, and I'm sure he'd be happy to provide
>you with suitable test material.

Great Thank you for introduction! I'd seen his name when Mr. George
Williams asked Apple's TTF specification for kern table on 2003.

As written in README,
some of TrueType GX tables (mort, feat, prop) are widely used,
others (lcar, opbd) are very rare, and there are a few tables
(kern format1) we cannot find samples.

Regards,
mpsuzuki