[ft-devel] Re: Double bug report

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [ft-devel] Re: Double bug report
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 15:54:26 +0100 (CET)

> I've found what appears to be a bug in Freetype 2, version 2.1.10.
> More specifically it appears to depend on the configuration macro
> FT_OPTIMIZE_MEMORY, which is disabled by default.
>
> The problem could be reliably triggered on my system (Linux 2.6 +
> Xorg 6.8.2 + KDE 3.5) by attempting to start Xpdf, causing the X
> server to terminate abruptly, only printing the following to the
> console:

I think this is related to either conflicting FreeType libraries
installed concurrently on your platform -- remember that X.org up to
version 6.9 comes with its own Freetype library -- or an X version
(specifically a fontconfig version) using FreeType internals which
have changed.  Please upgrade X.org.