[ft-devel] Re: [bug #15785] character "7" in verdana regular 10px with h

From: Rogier van Dalen
Subject: [ft-devel] Re: [bug #15785] character "7" in verdana regular 10px with hinting without antialiasing is bad rendered.
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 23:29:23 +0100

Dear all,

My TrueTypeViewer program
(<http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~slam/fonts/truetypeviewer.html>) does not
have a monochrome renderer. However, an inspection of the right side
of the slanted stem of "seven" at 13 PPEM seems to show that it passes
the centre of the pixel at (3.469, 0.5). A very near miss.
This indicates that the TrueType rasteriser is right. The Windows
rasteriser might have a rounding error in the interpreter or in the
actual rasteriser. I didn't look into it very deeply though.
Hope this helps!

Regards,
Rogier