Re: [ft-devel] Re: [ft-cvs] freetype2 ./ChangeLog docs/CHANGES src/autof

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Re: [ft-cvs] freetype2 ./ChangeLog docs/CHANGES src/autofit/...
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 07:55:57 +0100 (CET)

> David, there are still a bunch of functions tagged as FT_EXPORT in
> src/cache/*.h.  IMHO they should all be replaced with FT_LOCAL,
> otherwise we have to move the declarations to a public header file.

As a first measure I've completely removed FTC_Node_Destroy which has
been introduced after 2.1.10.  Regarding the other exported functions
in src/cache/*.h I believe that the code must look like this:

  #ifdef FT_CONFIG_OPTION_OLD_INTERNALS
    FT_EXPORT( ... )
  #else
    FT_LOCAL( ... )
  #endif

Is my assumption correct?  Or can it be changed unconditionally to
FT_LOCAL, assuming that no rogue client has used those functions?  I
would prefer the latter but...